New Stable Release: Qdig 1.1.2
This release adds a two options that are backported from the qdig-devel package, plus the output of a stand-alone gallery has been converted from HTML to XHTML.
From the Release Notes page for this release:
This release adds a two options that are backported from
the qdig-devel package, plus the output of a stand-alone
gallery has been converted from HTML to XHTML. The XHTML
output should work equally well embedded into either HTML
or XHTML pages.
If you have a Qdig 1.1.1 gallery that's working well, there's no
compelling reason to upgrade.
Here are the release notes from release 1.1.1:
[Qdig 1.1.1] is a minor update to the 1.1.0 release. There's no
compelling reason to upgrade from that version. The 1.1.0
release, however, contained some major changes:
- The installation procedure is easier, particularly if you don't
have root capabilities. See below for examples.
- The script is more secure, since original images never need
to be in writable directories now (among other reasons).
- A new Debug Mode, which will be useful for those (rare!)
times when "unexpected results" occur.
- The default view for some users should now be "thumbs"
without needing any special (Server Compatibility) settings.
- Gallery management is simplified because it can be accomplished
using an FTP or SCP client. For most users, the Gallery
Administration tool (admin.php) is no longer necessary.
Generally speaking, the script should be more reliable,
predictable, and user-friendly.
Here are the new Basic Installation Instructions:
- Place the script (index.php) in a web-accessible directory with some image files and/or subdirectories that contain image files.
- Create the qdig-files subdirectory.
- Optionally, set up the directory for writable files.
- Temporarily set world-writable (2777) permissions on the subdirectory.
- Browse the gallery directory's URL once.
- Set permissions on the subdirectory to something reasonable (0755).
- Browse the directory's URL.
Finally, the Qdig Web Site is all-new, and should be much more
useful compared to the old one, as there will be much more
content and it will be updated more frequently.
Added option to set the width of the Directory Navigation Row.
Upgraded Document Type for stand-alone gallery from HTML 4.01 to XHTML 1.0.
Added new setting for placing the caption above or below the image.
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Development Release: Qdig 20040417 | News | New Development Release: Qdig 20040421 >>