New Development Release: Qdig 20041207
This release has a major new feature, the ability to generate thumbnail images on-the-fly, and several other minor features, fixes and refinements.
The most significant new feature is on-the-fly thumbnail image
conversion. When $thmb_onfly is enabled (TRUE), a gallery page
that will have newly-converted thumbnail images can appear more
quickly because new thumbnails appear one-by-one as they are
generated. This improves the user experience and averts a pesky
"Maximum execution time of XX seconds exceeded" error, which
could happen when there are lots of new thumbnails to convert.
Thumbnails on-the-fly are enabled by default. The feature works
only for stand-alone Qdig galleries so far. It's automatically
disabled for embedded (included) Qdig galleries.
Qdig 1.2.5 also has some other, less significant features, fixes
Internet Explorer 6's image toolbar seems to bug some people.
It's suppressed by default now in Stand-alone Qdig galleries.
You can enable the imagebar if you wish, though.
You can now place a logo on stand-alone gallery pages. If you
just enable it, the little camera icon appears in the lower-right
corner as a background image. You can use any image as a
logo, and you can place it elsewhere on the page if you want.
The background image, including an image you might use for
the new logo image feature is excluded from being part of a gallery.
This allows your galleries to be more self-contained because you
can put the background image within the gallery tree now.
Stand-alone Qdig galleries now break out of a frameset by
default to avoid bandwidth theft. This can be disabled if you
want to include a Qdig gallery in your using frames.
There are quite a few minor changes that will improve XHTML
compliance, even if only slightly. All stand-alone Qdig pages
seem to validate now according to http://validator.w3.org/ .
Please report to the forums if you find otherwise.
The border attributes for the displayed image are now configurable.
The default is a barely noticeable light-gray one-pixel border.
The GD-Detection code has been reworked It should be more
efficient and do a better job of selecting a default on certain
public servers running older versions of PHP.
There are miscellaneous code-cleanup changes. Most of these
are not very noticable. There are a few new language settings
and some other settings' comments have been improved.
- Added capability to break out of a frameset. It's enabled by default.
- Added Robin Rainton's code for converting each thumbnail in its own request. Now when thumbs need to be converted the page appears quickly and the thumbs appear one-by-one as they're converted.
- Now only convert the requested size of a resized image unless the option to convert individually ($cnvrt_alt['indiv']) is turned off. If it's off, all images in the directory are converted to of all enabled sizes.
- Added code to disable thmb_onfly when gallery is not stand-alone. Qdig needs to be requested directly for it to work (because headers are already sent).
- Improved gdVersion() function and the corresponding diagnostic message. Now if phpinfo() is disabled the script works appropriately. Also now don't use phpinfo() unless necessary. If GD extension is loaded and phpinfo() is disabled, settle for GD v1 rather than no GD at all.
- Setting $thmb_enable to FALSE disables thumbs view more effectively now.
- Much minor code cleanup. Improved HTML Header. Moved some settings.
- Added new HTML Header CSS settings to put a border around the displayed image with configurable color and width.
- Added a couple of language settings.
- Added configurable attributes for the displayed-image's border.
- Added new feature to turn off IE's image toolbar in stand-alone galleries.
- Added new HTML Header CSS setting to put a logo image in the lower-right corner (or wherever, since the location is configurable).
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Development Release: Qdig 20041207 | News | New Development Release: Qdig 20041223 >>