New Development Release: Qdig 20050306
This release addresses running Qdig on servers that are running PHP in Safe Mode and / or with open_basedir enabled.
Qdig will happily run in Safe Mode if
- safe_mode_gid is enabled, and
- the qdig-files/ directory has been configured with setGID enabled (by choosing "2777" permissions rather than "777" permissions during the installation procedure).
Qdig runs read-only on any server. These changes are
only significant if you want the script to write converted
image files and empty caption .txt files to disk, which is
something that Safe Mode is designed to discourage.
See also: http://qdig.sourceforge.net/Support/PHPSafeMode
- Improved Qdig's behavior on servers running with PHP Safe Mode enabled.
- Added Safe Mode detection to the diagnostic messages.
- Improved compatibility with servers running with PHP's open_basedir directive defined.
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Development Release: Qdig 20050218 | News | New Development Release: Qdig 20050310 >>