New Development Release: Qdig 20050412
This release has a mix of changes. Some of them affect unusual installations and others optimize and simplify the script. Comments were added / reworded to make them easier to understand. Pages with thumbnail links now load significantly faster (up to 30% in testing), and the page title now contains the image name.
This release is full of changes that are designed to make the script
more reliable, efficient, and predictable. Some comments in the
script were added / clarified.
There are a couple of minor new features, the most noticeable of
which is that by default the filename is included in the page title
of stand-alone galleries now.
The most significant change is that Qdig now builds thumbnails
image links significantly faster. Under testing, a page in a
151-image gallery was produced up to 30% faster.
- Added homemade REQUEST_URI for Win32 servers that are missing it.
- Added filename-in-title option, enabled by default, for stand-alone Qdig.
- Now automatically cleaning up absolute URL and filesystem paths.
- Generating on-the-fly thumbnails works with absolute paths now.
- Reworked imageThumbsLinks() function. Performance is considerably better.
- Improved "Check for IM or GD" logic. Now it's simpler and more reliable.
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Development Release: Qdig 20050409 | News | New Development Release: Qdig 20050415 >>