New Development Release: Qdig 20050417
This release refines and clarifies the user-definable path settings ($qdig_url, $fs_bat_path, and $url_base_path) and adds a message in the security notice about setting a world-writable File Creation Mask for people who set 777 permissions on qdig-files/ during installation.
This release refines and clarifies the user-definable path settings
($qdig_url, $fs_bat_path, and $url_base_path) and puts these three
in their own settings section. The diagnostic messages now include
information about the base_path settings if they're set.
People who can't set SGID permissions on the qdig-files/ directory
during installation now will get a message about setting a world-
writable File Creation Mask with (umask(000)). This will allow
them to easily manage caption and resampled image files via FTP
at the expense of some security risk.
- Refined the path settings and set them apart in their own section.
- Renamed $abs_fs_path to $fs_base_path.
- Renamed $abs_url_path to $url_base_path.
- Added some base_path diagnostic messages.
- Added some special instructions for "777" permissions to the Security Check.
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Development Release: Qdig 20050416 | News | New Stable Release: Qdig 1.2.8 >>