New Development Release: Qdig 20060107
This release fixes the compatibility issue that arose with the release of PHP 5.0.5, adds the ability to ignore files and/or directories using Perl-compatible regular expressions, and introduces a next-image prefetch feature to improve gallery navigation speed.
This release fixes a compatibility issue that arose with
the release of PHP 5.0.5, as well as adding a couple of
The PHP authors made some obscure changes that broke a lot
of existing code, unfortunately including two lines of code
in Qdig. Under previous versions of PHP the two lines don't
generate so much as a Notice, which would indicate a
- possible* run-time error. Suddenly the two lines crash the
script with a Fatal Error under PHP 5.0.5. Ouch.
You can now have Qdig ignore image files and/or directories
using Perl-compatible regular expressions.
Finally, this release introduces a new image-prefetch
next image after the page has loaded, hopefully resulting
in the image being cached, which will speed up page-to-page
performance. (Thanks to Kim Bille for the help on this
- Now invoking `convert' using /bin/nice to prioritize CPU usage.
- Added ability to ignore directories by Perl-compatible regular expression.
- Added ability to ignore files by Perl-compatible regular expression.
- Adapted to new syntax requirement to avoid Fatal Errors in PHP >=5.0.5.
- Added image-prefetch feature to improve performance (method suggested by Kim Bille).
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Stable Release: Qdig 220.127.116.11 | News | New Development Release: Qdig 20060107-1 >>