New Development Release: Qdig 20060403
With this release Qdig becomes smarter about paths and permissions. Installing an embedded gallery should be much easier now. The rm_tree.php script has been improved, even though changes have been made to Qdig that render it virtually obsolete. A new path_helper.php script has been added to the distribution that will reveal the URL and filesystem paths for a given web directory.
With this release Qdig becomes smarter about paths and
It should now be *much* easier to share a copy of Qdig
between a stand-alone installation and embedded galleries.
For one thing, default URL and filesystem base paths are
set now, so those setting always exist even if they are
not set explicitly. This will make it easier to transfer
settings from a default gallery to a qdig_settings()
function in wrapper script or other script that includes
Regardless of that, a path_helper.php script is now
bundled that will tell you the proper values to use for
$url_base_path and $fs_base_path. The script is also a
tutorial of sorts.
People who are unable to set "2777" permissions during
installation will find that Qdig "just works" now if you
use the default settings. The need for the rm_tree.php
script has been greatly diminished.
Regardless of that, the rm_tree.php script's instructions
have been made clearer and the output no longer is sometimes
interspersed with scary-looking PHP error messages.
Some settings have been rearranged to make them easier
to understand. More of the path-related settings are
The diagnostic messages have been significantly improved.
Error reporting is improved. Qdig will throw fewer
distracting and unsettling warnings when $diag_messages is
FALSE and more notices and warnings when $diag_message is
- Fixed array_reverse bug in vicinity thumbs code.
- Improved the Security Warning message text.
- Smoothed some of the rough edges of rm_tree.php.
- Added a path_helper.php script to the distribution for helping match URL and filesystem paths.
- Rearranged some settings. Now more of the path settings are together.
- Removed legacy code that related to $cnvrtd_dir.
- Improved debugging code. The script will throw more errors in when $diag_messages is TRUE and fewer when $diag_messages is FALSE.
- Refactored the adminLink() function as part of a path-smartification effort.
- Setting the filesystem and URL base paths has been completely reworked. It should be much easier to embed Qdig and have a stand-alone gallery too.
- Changed a few simple conditionals to ternary syntax.
- Added fixPermissions() function to auto-adapt permissions of Qdig-written files (thanks Patrick R. Michaud).
- Reworked Security Check logic and message, which will now be seen less often.
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Development Release: Qdig 20060107-1 | News | New Development Release: Qdig 20060404 >>