New Development Release: Qdig 20060413
This release includes further refinement of some existing code and introduces new EXIF metadata support.
Nearly all of the new EXIF code is in a separate file, qdig-metadata.php. The EXIF feature extracts some basic photo information (date, time, shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, focal length) and puts it in one line below the image.
There's also a link, similar to the Preferences link, that produces what amounts to a dump of the EXIF information that PHP has found in the image. Unrecognized items are excluded, and so are MakersNote's because sometimes they are garbage.
As always, some testing of this new code will be appreciated.
- Rearranged some settings to make them easier to find.
- Now the admin link can be explicitly disabled.
- The Preferences link is now a [ - ] when the control bar is showing.
- Completely reworked the footerRow() function. Eliminated the siteLink(), showCopyright(), and qdigHomelink() functions entirely.
- Turned the three Site link string variables into a single $site_link array.
- Removed the $caption['min_width'] setting. Now it's the width of the table.
- Added EXIF support. It's not very fancy, but at least it's something.
See CHANGELOG.txt for a complete list of changes.
<< New Development Release: Qdig 200600410 | News | New Development Release: Qdig 200600414 >>